Primary Years 3-6
As students move into their primary years, they have increased opportunities to work independently and make choices about the topics and ideas they wish to learn more about. Students are taught the process of guided inquiry and how to research and gather information to deepen their knowledge and understanding of ideas and topics.
These skills are applied in subjects including
- Humanities & Social Science
- The Arts
Daily learning includes:
- Guided Reading with an adult and independent reading
- Writing and Spelling
- Speaking & listening activities to develop oral language, vocabulary and social skills
- Maths to develop fluency in number, to deepen understanding of concepts, choose and apply mathematics to different contexts, reason and justify strategies used.
- Movement and physical activity
Our classrooms are inviting, calm and organised. Teachers and students take pride in their learning spaces and take care in how they present their learning.