Lobethal Primary School chooses to have and enforce a uniform policy because:
- It helps students to feel like they belong to their school community;
- It helps promote equality and reduces the chance for ‘competition’ over fashion;
- It contributes to school pride and recognition;
- It acts as a safety measure, especially on excursions
Polos and jumpers with the school logo are available from the school office. Pants, shorts, skorts and dresses will be ordered once a term through our uniform supplier, or can be purchased at various chain stores. Pants, shorts, skorts and skirts must be navy blue; mid-blue or faded blue is not acceptable.
Year 6 students have the additional option of alternative tops, designed by them in school approved colours.
The preferred uniform for Lobethal Primary School students is:
- Bottle green, navy and gold polo with LPS logo, in short or long sleeves
- Bottle green, navy and gold jumper with LPS logo
- Bottle green jacket with LPS logo
- Plain navy blue pants (cargo, drill, tracksuit or ponte pants)
- Plain navy blue shorts, skirts or skorts
- Plain navy leggings or tights (only worn under skirts, skorts or dresses)
- Green and white checked school dress
- Bottle green wide-brimmed or bucket hat, with no cords, or legionnaire-style hat, plain or with logo (Terms 1 and 4). Hats must have a brim with a depth of at least 6cm to provide adequate protection from the sun.
Other acceptable items are:
- Plain bottle green polo shirts (must be polo shirts in Terms 1 and 4 to be Sun Smart; crew neck t-shirts and skivvies may be worn under jumpers in Terms 2 and 3)
- Plain bottle green windcheaters or hoodies
- Plain bottle green or navy beanie, scarf or gloves
- Plain bottle green parka or rain jacket
- Year seven commemorative jumper or shirt